Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trio of Tinsel Treats

Happy finds in Twinkle Town...

Three movies about Snow White are coming to screens, each with its own "take."  I'd wondered about how the dwarves would be "done."  Would they go the route of shrinking actors as seen in recent epic fantasy movies or would they use actual talented little people?  Well, for one of the films in which the dwarves are now Shaolin monks, the answer seems obvious.  We now have an answer for the other two, though.  The untitled back-to-and-beyond-the-roots-of The Brothers Grimm version will feature a cast of great actors (including the marvelous Danny Woodburn) who just happen to be smaller than most folk.  Snow White and the Huntsman, focusing more on their relationship, has cast guys who are going to need computer magic to be a dwarf.  Granted a lot more than this issue will factor into what makes or breaks the movies, but it will be fun to see how they fare given their choices of actors.

Guillermo del Toro wants to direct Maleficent.  Yes, please!  It's not entirely likely that he will be able to do so, but I ever so wish for it to happen!  Sounds like he's the man for the job:  And let me tell you how much of a fan I am. I have a collection of over two or three dozen Maleficent figures, some of them four or five feet tall. I own about 10 pieces of conceptual art from Sleeping Beauty that include the dragon and a lot more pieces that are just from Sleeping Beauty. It's one of my three favorite Disney films. [Quoted from this article.]  Hmmm.  Director Guillermo del Toro and writer Linda Woolverton.  Double yes, please!!

Danny Elfman is re-teaming with Sam Raimi for OZ: The Great & Powerful.  Hosah!  That could be divine.  I'm uber-fond of Elfman's score for Alice.  I bet he'll devise something great and powerful indeed!

Awaiting...

1 comment:

Milwaukee Custom Closets said...

I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing