Sunday, June 12, 2011

Crayons in Stone

When out with Clara & Banky one night, we couldn't help but create with the crayons on the tables.  Unfortunately they'd already been well used.  Here's what Clara decided to draw with the stumpy colored wax.

I added the blood to the sword to put in the grit of Barrie's work.  I also drew the hook at the bottom.  Clara quickly came to Pan's rescue, though, bringing the crocodile to the page.  Tink is in yellow rather than white because of limited color selection.   I suppose I could have just made the 'spark' with merely the black, but it wouldn't have stood out as much, right?  Especially since Clara had been filling in the sky...

Banky?  He'd been busy making a song request big enough for the band to see.

I rather like how this picture turned out.  To quote Patsy Stone in Absolutely FabulousWhat the hell is the difference between a painting done by a person who wishes to paint like a child, and a child's painting?

Yes, I'm aware the rhetorical above is tongue-in-cheek, but it does have a certain wisdom about it.  And it can't help but bring to mind shades of Peter Pan.

1 comment:

Lewelyn-H said...

Well I think that drawing is really nice :)