Thursday, April 10, 2008

That Spice of Life


I just finished watching Paprika. No, really, I just left the television. I adored it. I'd seen a trailer for it online and knew I had to see it, but it never seemed to make it to my area. Or if it did come, I missed it. Quite worth the wait. I'm posting it here because it has a lot to say about truth and fiction. It uses a number of conventions, some of which have arguably been done to death. But the packaging both in animation and script makes it anew. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I like what it brews and stirs up in the mind. Bravo.


*Note: Paprika is not for everyone. It's certainly not a kid's movie. It does contain nudity, but not gratuitously (believe me I wouldn't like it so much if it were) and it also has many disturbing images. So before you rush out to rent it, make sure you can handle the oddities of anime.

No comments: