Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Fairly Fair(y) Amount of Recent Events in My Life

My copy of the new Dover Publications edition of Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens featuring the full page color illustraions of Arthur Rackham arrived. It's a delight. It's pleasing to have a book which has an "old" and "rare" feeling to it show up in a brand new format on slick paper. And it has every one of Rackham's pictures, as I mentioned before. I recommend it as the book to get for anyone who's has not experienced and has an interest in learning Barrie's own curious backstory to Peter Pan. Amazon sells it here.

Also, I finished Lost by Gregory Maguire. I'll give a full report soon. To see what I've said about it already, the posts are here and here.

And lastly,
I pondered the query in the last post some more. I came up with an answer. I shared it with Sunshine. It charmed her, so I guess it's worthy. After all, Barrie said: Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. Anyone care to know what I have to say about whether or not Peter's hair would grow back?

No comments: