Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It'll Show Up Where Now?

Here's what's going on in my world of Peter Pan...

Still working on the revisions. I've been dilligently honing the other "speech" part of Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between to better fit into Barrie's style. Every time I think I'm done with it, I find a new word or whole sentence, perhaps even a new idea to tweak into it. Usually just a word or phrase here and there. But it's going nicely. If I don't have it quite yet, I have it just so. Anon's critiques have been most useful, as I've said. This particular reworked section is a both pivotal and delicate, and Anon is familiar not only with Barrie's style, but how this book works in cohesion with it. Which is a roundabout way of saying I've decided to have Anon have a look at this scene's rewrite. Afterward, I'll continue on to the rest of the novel. It should be a welcome change to tinker around with actual story bits again. (Rather than "explanatory bits" for lack of a better term.)

Also, I just had a talk last night with someone delightful... and cutting to the chase, Peter Pan's NeverWorld will be showing up in an unlikely place in the near future. You might even say it's a little bananas to be there, but the owner is fond of me as I am of him, and he wants to foster my plight of Pan. I'll keep you posted as things develop, but I will say clues are in this paragraph.

No comments: