Thursday, February 26, 2009

What, AGAIN?!


What do all of these movies have in common?
Hollywood is remaking them.

Yes, they will be recalled in the neverending "art" of not having a clue.

Unnecessary. (Very few remakes are.)

The only upshot is the new The NeverEnding Story will allegedly be more faithful to the book, able to do parts glossed over in the first movie by F/X constraints. Also, for those of you who have not read it, the film only used the first third of Michael Ende's amazing novel.

And another bit of good news in this sad sea of re-dos:
A friend told me that the Rosemary's Baby remake, which I ranted about in the post Stop the Inanity! has been kiboshed.

2 comments:

Lewelyn-H said...

Oh good, a remake of the NeverEnding story!!
Yeah that movie totally freaked me out (because of the way they did dragon) and I haven't been able to read the book since! Hopefully I'll be cured if the new version is any good ^^

Haven't seen the others, so can't say anything about them...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to nitpick, but I had to make a correction here:

The movie of "The NeverEnding Story" is made up of the first half of the book, not just the first third. (Okay, to REALLY nitpick it covers ALMOST the first half and then gives its own conclusion that isn't in the book, but I don't want to split hairs that thin....)

I'm surprised Michael Ende didn't want his name associated with the movie, though--if he'd waited until "The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter" (to say nothing of that other one.... >.<) he might have forgiven the first one more....