Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jet Stream the Imagination...


Hot Tub Time Machine

Believe it or not, that’s the (current) name of an upcoming movie.
Jeepers! Conjures up quite the scenarios, doesn’t it?
Don’t know about you, but I picture a loving parody of Sid & Marty Krofft shows like Dr. Shrinker and The Lost Saucer. (Yes, I know there are many more of them…) Can’t you just see it? Jim Carrey impersonating Jim Nabors alongside Tina Fey doing Ruth Buzzi and with oh, say, Zac Efron and Beyoncé mixed up in their madcap adventures in this portable time traveling hot tub…good lord. No, I don’t actually want to see such a movie produced. But my, oh my, say it again: Hot Tub Time Machine. I mean, really. It could be the boost Eddie Murphy needs beyond his hilarious Donkey in the Shrek series. “HoT tUB!” So much to play with…
Not surprisingly, the actual movie plot is nothing like what I imagined. Surely it’s not as extreme.

The script, by Josh Heald, follows a group of guys who have grown frustrated with their adult lives. They return to the ski lodge where they partied as teens to find answers and are transported to 1987 via their hot tub, a bubbly time machine. - Quoted from this page.

At this stage I’m not as grabbed as I would be if Murphy grabbed a microphone.
But then, the jury is still out on that one anyway…
What happens with your Hot Tub Time Machine?


Eddie Murphy - James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub

UPDATE: Apparently I'm not the only one who is charmed by this movie title. I saw a blurb in the Chicago Red Eye newspaper. The cyber-version of the mini-article can be found on this page.

No comments: