Monday, May 5, 2008

Disney Hits...Then Disney Misses...

Just when I gave them praise for their magnificent movie Enchanted, Disney goes and makes another screw up. Just look at what they've done with their version of Peter Pan as part of their "Disney Heroes" line of toys/action figures. I mean, seriously. Pan is NOT Robin Hood, people. Or perhaps they think he's DC's Green Arrow? What's with the lankiness? The extended boots and gloves? The way too long feather? (*sigh* on the feather in general) The mask?! Haven't they done enough already with their version of Pan? Don't get me wrong, their animated film is okay...it's Disney. (Don't get me started on their 'sequel' though) I do have some issues with their Peter Pan (which I will explain at a later date) but otherwise it is what it is...another "Disneyized" version of something. But making him into some kind of "Hero" like this is just pathethic. You don't even want to see the monstrosity that is supposed to be Hook's hook. (And on the wrong arm, I might add, but, I'll address this later, as I said.) Sheesh.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I bought both this one AND Captain Hook at the Disney store a while back, just because I thought they were funny. (And I'm obsessed with Peter Pan, so I have to buy everything I find...) To me, though, this looks more like 'Robin Hood' than Peter Pan. xD
But then again, I don't care for the Disney version... I prefer the original novel.

Peter Von Brown said...

Excellent. I hope you'll be buying a copy of "Peter Pan's NeverWorld" then... ;)

Kathy said...

O.O
That is one scary Peter Pan.

and what shameless plugging lol

Anonymous said...

And what's with making him look all constipated and angry!?? Too funny!