Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dancing Through Life...

I just came from the Mordine & Company Dance Theater 40th Anniversary Kick-Off Celebration & Benefit. An advance, signed copy of Peter Pan's NeverWorld stood among the wonderful array of Silent Auction items. Bart and I also volunteered. Allow me to say Bart looked rather dashing carrying trays of hors d'oeuvres. Knowing I can barely carry a bowl of soup to the table, I assisted in other ways including the tallying and distributing of the Silent Auction items. Needless to say, we were treated to a rousing, energetic and graceful performance by Mordine & Company. My interpretation of the piece is the competition and cooperation of the struggle to achieve enlightenment. This is just what I took from it, I am not saying this had been the intention. The benefit brought much merriment and support.

No comments: