Monday, March 15, 2010

Beware... or Be Aware?


No need to
Beware the Ides of March.
Put in one extra letter and it becomes the Ideas of March.
Just ask Brad.

I’m not fearing this one, since ideas are just what came in the wee hours (two and three a.m.) of the morning of the so-called wary day.

I’d been working, of course, on Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between. Since I’d just completed a run of four scenes in a row, which, when working out of sequence from time to time is something of a rarity, I decided to go back and fill in one of the “placeholder” scenes. But in order to do so, I had to refer back to Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens… but I also knew what the next scene after those four would be… SO, I found myself jumping into Peter and Wendy as well in order to verify and check on what Barrie had written about a location in the Neverland. I even found myself back in his screenplay. Naturally, I came across much that I will be sure and incorporate into the new tale. I then had a bit of other research to do, springboarded from Barrie’s words and soon enough I’d be back in Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens. And then, of course, I’d find even more to use… which in turn led to a slew of thoughts and ideas for other parts of the book.

As you can tell, I’d suddenly been teeming with material, both from Barrie and my own which had been Barrie-inspired. And to think -- I had wondered what I should tackle next after finishing those four continuous scenes!

I’ve also recently had a burst of inspiration to create a cover for Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between.
So far those who have seen it are quite enthralled.

Oh... and yes, I did fill in that missing section last night, too. So this chapter of Peter Pan’s life is coming along very well. The characters are always one step ahead of me. Let's hope it stays that way.

1 comment:

Michael E. said...

Hi, it's me, Anon!

Shame not to comment on the actual events of the Ides of March. I mean, it's your blog, not mine, but if I were bringing that up I'd mention, for example, that Peter Pan played Julius Caesar! (In Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates--and John Darling played Mark Antony!) And while I don't know if you agree, I happen to love the Shakespeare play Julius Caesar and the history behind it.

God bless!