Sunday, April 5, 2009

21st Century Storytelling 2.0

Another inventive narrative form which could only have been done in these modern times has the added benefit of being a rather crafty parody/homage, too. Tomas Nilsson created this video for a school assignment. It's a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood through the lens of the music video for "Remind Me" by Röyksopp. I did not know of the song or the music video prior to viewing Mr. Nilsson's project. I believe this might have helped entrance me - the freshness of the method used to convey a story. Even parodying the idea of "details." Naturally, viewing the Röyksopp song's video brought a whole new appreciation. Mr. Nilsson found a different but similar song (a feat not so easy in and of itself, I would imagine) and flawlessly recreates the style to his own ends. Bravo. A few words on Röyksopp's song and video: Their tune stuck in my head. Bravo. The video reminded me of the film Koyaanisqatsi. Quite well done. I'll leave it up to you which one you want to experience first. [As if I could have really stopped you from making your own choice anyway. :) ] Enjoy. "Remind Me" - Röyksopp All of the YouTube links I could find said 'Embedding disabled by request' so I will just give you a link here. Little Red Riding Hood - Tomas Nilsson 21st Century Storytelling 1.0

I was (heh) reminded of this video and had trouble finding it.  I thought I'd been remembering it all wrong.  But I couldn't find this Röyksopp song at all relating to Little Red Riding hood.  So I came here... only to discover that the Little Red Riding Hood video has changed its song.  I couldn't have been wrong when I made this post 12 years ago (at the time of writing this addendum).   I had watched it many many times.  How strange that it got changed.  Probably a rights issue.

No comments: