Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Don't Panic - It's Still Flying


In case the status of the revisions on Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between have been wondered about...I took a break from it on purpose. Not so much from lack of initiative or even oversaturation, but from the standpoint of being able to have a “fresher” read of it. After having made all the minor tweaks (and some major ones!) and also having left myself in-document comments and reminders on what to toy with later, I decided it would be a good idea to come back to it after a hiatus.


The idea worked out well. I’ve been back into it for a while now. I certainly did need to go away from it and then read through from the beginning in order to keep the changes straight.  I do have that fresh look I needed, as I actually had forgotten one of the next scenes coming up that a character spoke about.  I find myself cutting lines and simplifying others. I’ve put in a couple of the bigger additions, too. All in all, I’m happy (or happier, to be accurate) with it. It certainly flows much better now and the kinks have been smoothed out. I’m currently going into Chapter 11 (of 14.) Once I’m all through I’ll go back and put in a chunk that I didn’t have the gumption to write when I came to it. And then it should be all set to put into the hands of Andrea Jones, author of Hook & Jill. She’ll be the second person to read it.

After that, well, its fate is still up in the air...

No comments: