Monday, August 18, 2008

Cavorting with Characters

Today I’m going for a simple “fun” post.
What literary characters would you most like to spend time with and why?

You’d be right that I’d hang out with Peter Pan, assuming he could stand a child-like adult. I don’t think I really need to answer as to why, do I?

I’d also like to relax on the banks of an island in the Mississippi River with Huckleberry Finn. The guy knows how to do nothing and do it well. Plus I imagine I’d be quite entertained by his wit. A good way to spend a lazy afternoon.

I also want to be friends with Jim Hawkins. He's got plenty of money to spend on a good time, he loves adventures and he's just damn cool. I'm sure he'd have much to talk about.

Who would you bring off the page?

6 comments:

C.J. Redwine said...

Eve Dallas from J.D. Robb's In Death series.

Severus Snape AND Dumbledore

Huckleberry Finn =)

Hamlet (I know he isn't a true literary character but close enough.)

Danielle Filas said...

Oh Huck is a GREAT one... absolutely! Currently, Goneril... but I guess that's not really for fun, but for research.

How about Pippi Longstocking? Remember her? Kind of a feminine counterpart to Huck. In fact, I suspect they would have made a rather wicked team. She also boasted super-human strength-- able to lift her horse with one hand, I think. She'd be fun.

I'd like to chat with Elizabeth Bennett of Pride and Prejudice, too. AND I'd like to know how she would answer this question.

And Dr. David Bowman of 2001-- I want to know what he knows.

Anonymous said...

Scarlett O'Hara. Bartsy and I would sit in a corner with her and mock the other guests.

Mel said...

Atticus Finch because I've always had a bit of a crush on him.

Taylor from The Bean Trees.

Michael Tolliver from Tales of the City.

And I'd like to go shopping with Becky from Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Anonymous said...

I would love to hang out in the most eerie-est-top-most-tower of Castle Dracula cavorting with zee Count. Of course I would be able to speak Transylvanian.

Miss Scarlett O'Hara and I would flirt shamelessly with each other.

Shug Avery and I would sing a duet.

Merlin would teach me some tricks.

Auntie Mame and I would dish it with the best of 'em.

Miss Anne of Green Gables would teach me how to prepare mussels.

Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple and I would all take tea together.

And, while not a true literary character, I would love to be friends with Fran Fine, The Nanny!

XOXO,
Bart

Lewelyn-H said...

Mine would be:

Winnie the Pooh, and take a stroll with him in the special place in the 100 acre wood and just "do nothing" and count the trees to see if there are 62 or 63 (or is it 61 or 62? Or neither?)

Leslie and Jess, from Bridge To Terabithia, so we could have loads of adventures together!

Severus Snape, because he is the reason I'm hooked on Harry Potter...

James Hook!!!! (I won't even give a reason for him)

And I'd love to have tea with Lucy Pevensie and Mr Tumnus, and I'd even force myself to eat sardines if he had some :-)