Sunday, August 21, 2011

Penultimate Complete!

One more!

Yep, that's right.  There's just one more illustration to create for Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between, the interquel novel of the eternal boy's "missing" adventure.

The penultimate pic, like the others, turned out well.  I'd been working on it while Laughter had been here and he gave me some input.  In fact, he liked all the pictures.  He's just as charmed as everyone else.  His words of praise still ring in my ears.  Hosah.

I do know what the final picture will be... at least in what it will depict.  It is, however, different from what I had planned.  But after another read of the chapter, something leapt out at me that would be not only fun to make but poignant.  Besides being a pivotal moment for Peter Pan in the story, this scene is taken directly from Barrie himself and incorporated into the novel.  A curious (but merry!) event which had been intended for his treatment onto the silver screen.  I'm rather fond of the notion that this creation of his is given a shot after all...(since 'his' movie never got made.)

And there you have it... ever closer to the pages being in your hands, dear readers.

Keep your window open!

No comments: