Monday, August 1, 2011

Avast! Thank Ye and Hear Ye!

Well, well, well...

if it isn't the illustrious Andrea Jones, author of Hook & Jill, consorting once again with the flagitious Captain Hook.

Just something I whipped up not too long ago to both take a break from the creation of pictures for my interquel and as a way to say "Thank you!" to Andrea for having a gander at a revised section of said interquel.

The revision had been at her request, to solve a problem of congestion of information and introductions to characters.  I'm happy to say that my rewrites satisfied her and thus took care of the issue.  I'd thought it had as well, but it's nice to have a Pan fan (and the one who targeted the botched bit) and fellow writer agree.

Further report on the status of illustrations for Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between - nearing the finish line, folks.  For a little while I'd not been sure what to depict for the next chapter.  But I've just had an idea which might work.  I'll give it a whirl and see how it turns out.  Fortunately the picture to try for utilizes an image I'd been hoping to incorporate.  Glad to have found a place for it...?  I suppose I'll find out!  I've since shown the pictures I already have to even more folks... always well received and some sort of "How did you do that?" question comes up.  Thank goodness.

Beyond that, there are just two more pictures to be done.  Well, at least two.  I might be inspired to produce more than one for either chapter.  But thinking ahead to what's in those chapters I'm not inclined to think I'll be making other scenes for them.  Won't say "never" so to speak, though.

(Another photo manipulation of "Hook & Jones" can be seen on this post.)

And if you don't already have a copy of her amazing book, go get one... 
for I heard tale that the sequel, Other Oceans is also fixing to make its splash!

No comments: