Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. Peter Von Brown


Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

I  it.


I'd probably known about the comic, but admittedly I'd never read it.  And when I'd seen news of its release, I also admit that I dismissed it as something I need not see... because I mistakenly thought it would be along the lines of a "little wannabe rock hero climbs his way to the top into that all-important big competition" story.

Then I'd been to the movies with Bart, Clara & Banky to see something else and a trailer for it played.  BOY, had I been wrong.  Gladly wrong.  Suddenly I needed to see it.  We all did.

And we have.  And we all loved it.  (Buttercup and Josiecat, too!)  Banky said what a joy it is when a movie actually lives up to the way the trailer made you feel.  Yep, our own personal hype for it had been fully delivered...in spades, or in this case, in coins.

I have to say, I am the target audience. I haven't had that much fun laughing with a film in the theater since Napoleon Dynamite.  A special shout-out to the Legend of Zelda references. (The use of the 'Fairy Fountain' song is priceless!)

It's not a hyperbole when I say that it instantly moved into my top five favorite films of all time.

Needless to say, the series of graphic novels it's based on is now on my Wish List.



UPDATE:  I have since read the books.  Here's the post:  Scott Pilgrim vs...Scott Pilgrim?

1 comment:

Jason A. Quest said...

Scott Pilgrim is the most popular movie that no one is seeing. It's doing pretty dismal box office, but everyone who sees it seems to... well... <3!!! it.