Friday, June 18, 2010

He Writes... He Scores... With Some Time-Out


Well, my “faithful reader” Anon has begun
Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between.
So far, it’s very well received. WHEW!

How can I not be pleased with being told it "DEFINITELY" feels like we're back in the world of Peter Pan? Anon also said that it doesn't feel like a new book. Rather, it feels like Chapter 7 of Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens. (i.e. the next chapter of it, as if it actually came next.) Thanks, Anon! Glad you're enjoying it.

Anon does have some minor issues, though, but that's to be expected of the first read through of something so near and dear to the heart.

You might recall I’d been a tad worried about the one section of it - I said it might seen too outlandish. To my relief, Anon doesn’t hate it or think it too strange. Then again, the general feeling is that it doesn’t quite fit. That is to say… yet. For it’s not as if it can’t, it just doesn’t seem so quite right at this point. But from Anon’s comments/comparison to Barrie (on this part as well as another) I know just how to fix it so that it will thus become much more Barriesque. Thanks for the inadvertent suggestion on how to make it work, Anon!

Anon is only four chapters in so far… and there’s a lot to come in the next ten. Here's hoping the "wonderings" and "issues-that-might-not-be-issues-after-all" turn into a genuine love of the book!

For the record, I'm going to make the necessary revisions before I pass it along to Hook & Jill author Andrea Jones. No sense in giving her something to read that can use some polishing, eh?

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anon said...

You're welcome! I'm glad I'm enjoying it too, and that I can help! ^_^ Looking forward to returning to it!