Thursday, June 11, 2009

When Characters DO Come to Life...


Welcome (again) to the 21st Century, folks.

If you are not aware of Microsoft's "Project Natal," make sure that you are.

Science fiction just dropped the "fiction."
You can read more about the video here, the link that led me to this phenomenal new interactive world.


Regarding the posted video:
Aside from my child-like wonder at the amazing "technology," my first thought had been interacting with my characters. WOW. Yes, I thought of my own first. But quickly behind came the idea of being able to have that raft ride with Huck Finn...

It's going to be a very different world very, very soon...

2 comments:

Danielle Filas said...

That is just plain amazing. My dad is fond of saying that cutting edge science is indistinguishable from magic. Proof here. Thanks for sharing!

Peter Von Brown said...

Yes, indeed. Actually, I know that concept well. In fact, it's a quote from Arthur C. Clarke: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

In the original Honors Project version, that quote appeared at the beginning of Peter Pan's NeverWorld