Monday, November 28, 2011

LINK to the HOOK

So I've been spending the majority of my time lately in the world(s) of The Legend of ZELDA: Skyward Sword.  I'll probably give a 'report' on it in the future, but I must present this material now.

If you're not already aware, there are quite a few parallels between The Legend of ZELDA and Peter Pan.

1) Both are of the Puer Mythology. (boy hero)
2) Both characters most commonly are depicted in green outfits.
3) Fairies exist (and often abound) in the ZELDA games/worlds... and in the most renowned game (Ocarina of Time) Link (hero) even has a fairy accompanying him everywhere he goes.
4) Both characters fight with swords on a regular basis
5) Also in Ocarina, Link lives among a people who look/have a stature like children and don't physically age beyond this appearance.

I bet there are other similarities I'm not thinking of, too.

But we can add one more to the list for sure.  Guess who showed up in the Zelda-verse?
None other than the infamous Captain Hook!
Okay, no, not really... but it's as much true as the rest of the parallels.
Have a look for yourself... Link does indeed battle a pirate captain with a hook!



I'm almost done with Skyward Sword... a bittersweet concept, one might even say a double edged sword:  To play through it, but alas, to have played through it.

No comments: