Friday, September 23, 2011

OBJECTive Inspiration

I'll admit it... the other night I'd been watching parts of P.J. Hogan's Peter Pan movie.  Some bits are just so beautifully done. 

And while watching, I had a cool idea for a subsequent book of tales from the NeverWorld.  Which is great, but I'm in no short supply.  This one, however, seems like more than just a tidbit.  It has the potential to be very grand.  I haven't fully formed it but I can see how it would branch out and grow into something wonderful.

My favorite part of this idea is that the notion for it comes directly from Barrie.  (That's my favorite kind of inspiration when it comes to writing about Peter Pan!)  I began to wonder whatever happened to a certain object in the story... and that's when the spark ignited.  Needless to say, I know what became of it.  At least in my subsequent timeline of Barrie's world.  And like I said, I know it will turn into a powerful thing in the tale... I'm just not sure all that it entails or why it would be important or why the characters would need it... but then, that's where stories begin... with just the seeds.

I'll let it sit for now... as I don't have any immediate plans of returning to NeverWorld.  So it will have plenty of time to develop.

If you're dying to know what the object is... there are some hints in this post.  But otherwise I'll just say you would have think Wendy would have always kept it safe... And I'll just bet she did.  But that's not to say something couldn't have happened to it down the line...

3 comments:

Anon said...

Okay, I have two ideas for what it could be, and one seems more likely than the other....

JAQ said...

What a corny thought. :)

Peter Von Brown said...

Well played, JAQ! :)