Friday, August 5, 2011

Wendy? Word.

My best friend Laughter and I have been playing Words with Friends on our phones lately.  We now have three games going at once.  It's rather fun... and if you can't figure it out from the picture, it's really a knock-off of Scrabble.  It's one of those games that I've always liked but no one ever really wants to sit down and play.  Now, on the go, it's in the palm of our hands.

I bet you've already read the tiles at the bottom there.  Yeah, sure, I rearranged the letters to spell Wendy, but I didn't alter the letters which had been allotted to me.

Is the omniverse conspiring corroboratively with me?  I'll just go ahead and believe so, for it makes me happier.

Scrabble/Words with Friends isn't merely fun.  It's a way to keep one on one's toes in terms of words and vocabulary.  Maybe not to a high degree, but the tumbling around of tiles into words definitely has some beneficial affects on getting creativity flowing.  I also enjoy the words that it won't accept, as in the ones I make up and wish were real so I could utilize that Triple Word Score space.  In the game, such words are not allowed, but in the hands of an author it can indeed be brought into existence and defined.

On another note, I get a kick out of the words Laughter and I placed on the board.  I began it with "insane," he placed "ram" and, logically, then, I put down "reboot."  One could arrange those words into saying Hollywood likes to RAM an INSANE REBOOT down our throats every so often, like the new Spider-Man movie, but don't get me started.  Besides, I'm done with superheroes anyway, remember?

Okay, back to happier thoughts.  So glad Wendy appeared in my life in such a wordful and wonderful way.

No comments: