Thursday, August 18, 2011

UN-fairy Exposure

I'll be the first person to tell you that you should believe in fairies.
Even if I weren't obsessed with Peter Pan,  I'd still tell you to do so.

Yes, I believe in fairies.

But here's a guy who is, it would seem, either making a mockery of the belief or trying to profit from it or both.  Jose Maldonado, a 22-year-old bricklayer in Guadalajara claims to have a real fairy.  He says:   I was picking guavas and I saw a twinkling. I thought it was a firefly. I picked it up and felt that it was moving; when I looked at it I knew that it was a fairy godmother.

It died, so he put it in some formaldehyde. Now he "allows" people to take a gander at it for a fee.  Seriously?

Just look at it.  Like I said, I'm all for the belief, but you've got to be pretty hard up to want to see a fairy to give any sort of credence to THIS sad little piece of plastic.  What a horrid way to make a few bits of cash.

Saw it twinkling, eh?  Can anyone say "Glimmer of plastic coupled with working out in the sun too long"?  Good!  I knew you could!
Came out some time later, here's the proof
that  Jose is being over-taxed
mentally and physically

Please, don't let this taint your own belief in the wee folk who populate the world... but if you want more info, the article is here.



No comments: