Friday, July 29, 2011

Double HECK, YES!

Back in May of last year, we discovered that a cartoon series of Napoleon Dynamite would be forthcoming.  As I said in the post, I'd been on board from the start, as I really wanted to see more of these characters and places.

Well, fortunately the outcome is looking pretty Sweet.
The cast does return to reprise their roles.  Can't ask for better.

Due to the recent San Diego Comic-Con, we now have clips of the show.  Before I saw them, I'd been a good boy and held off until I watched each and every video interview with the actors (5 of 'em) to hear their take and thoughts on the cartoon-izing of Napoloen & his crew.  And with each one, my anitcipation grew.  I really liked what they had to say about it.

And then came time to watch the clips.  I laughed as much as I did with the movie.  Looks like it's going to be great, folks.

Not sure if I'm going to get what I initially desired, which is bigger screen time for some of the minor characters like Trisha's parents, but even so, the fact that it hasn't lost sight of what made the movie great is encouraging.  Something that oddly did not occur to me at first - animation allows for lots of 'other' avenues as well.  Such as our favorite blasé antihero's dreams.  Thus, we now get to see him in a robe on Tina the llama as a steed meeting the King of the Ligers.  Gosh!  ;)

Hooray for more Napoleon Dynamite.
He'll be back to entertain us with his wackiness "midseason" on FOX in 2012.
Here's one clip so you can see what I mean... you can find more here.  [It's not the site I originally found them on, so it doesn't have the individual cast interviews.]

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

"Prison snitch?"
"Maybe."
HA!

Sounds fun...

(WOTD: foloak)