Thursday, August 5, 2010

Following Suit

You know, I seem to often forget that Disney's Pan's outfit is derived from stage productions of it. My apologies. I tend to focus only on the literary adaptation of it, since it's the place where Barrie could 'finalize' and include what he actually wanted to, both in terms of story cotent and color commentary. Plus the fact that I like to deal in terms of books. Shocking, eh? ;) Nevertheless, it has taken quite a hold on the Pan perception as opposed to the description in the book. Shown on the left is Maude Adams.
Oh well.
Now if we could just get people to stop saying "star" in the directions to the Neverland...

1 comment:

Anon said...

I seem to recall an illustration that showed Peter wearing a HORNED cap, of all things.... Just goes to show that even back then there were different interpretations....

I don't know if we'll manage that unless we can somehow overshadow the Disney and musical versions, both of which use that word....