Monday, June 30, 2008

A Wink at Hood


Just wanted to mention that I really enjoy the BBC’s Robin Hood series. BBC America plays it and my TiVo faithfully collects the episodes for me. It’s not an incredible show, but it is certainly above average by my reckoning. They’ve taken the legend and treated it with respect, trying for a grittier more realistic tone. Of course, one can only be realistic to a certain degree with a tale like this, so it does have its “wild fun” moments. I also like the fact that they have made it their own. Yes, it follows the conventions we all know and love of Robin Hood. But they have also added a number of their own twists, elements and characters into the mix. So far I have loved each of these. If you have not seen it yet, give it a shot. (Get it?) They are now airing the second season here and I believe we are nearing the end of it. (The season, not the series.) And right now I can’t get the instrumental theme song out of my head. Bravo!

No comments: