Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Really Keane Pooh Song

As you might have guessed from previous posts, I am so very looking forward to the new Winnie-the-Pooh movie.  I dare say it's what I am most looking forward to in life right now.  Hey, come on, it brings me sheer joy whenever I see the trailer and I genuinely laugh each time.  Who wouldn't look totally forward to that experience?  :)

You might also have guessed that I can get pretty darn obsessive.  As I said in the post about the trailer, the song they're using seems perfect.  Well, I looked it up.  And now I'm obsessed with the song. It's called Somewhere Only We Know by Keane.  It's a beautiful, wonderful song.  And you know what?  It IS perfect for Pooh.  So much so that it seems as if it could have been written about the adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood.  Truly.

Thus, I hope the Keane song is not just in the trailer.  Often a movie trailer uses music that's not from or in the real movie.  Sometimes even another film's score/theme.  I imagine when a trailer comes out the actual score/music has yet to be determined/composed and they match up something that sounds appropriate. [P.J. Hogan's Peter Pan, for instance, uses Clocks by Coldplay]  Again, I hope that's not the case for here.

And even if it doesn't show up in the movie, I'm going on record to say that it is practically the perfect song for Winnie-the-Pooh.  There's even a woods in the video!

I love the Keane video, too.  I appreciate the little characters in it.  Not only are they reminiscent of what I tend to believe about the world, their design reminds of something out of The Legend of Zelda. Enjoy it for yourself. 

1 comment:

Lewelyn-H said...

I'm really looking forward to find out what you think of it.
I've had the chance to see it, albeit in French, and I have yet to meet someone else who loved the original book/film and with whom I might share thoughts on the new movie.