Monday, January 3, 2011

A Special New Friend

The Peter Pan Statue in Kirriemuir
What a great way to start off the new year...

I received a Friend Request on Facebook from someone I don’t know (nor do any of my established friends on the site.)  I inquired about the request, explaining that I appreciate the interest but I am not in the habit of accepting unknown people at this time.  Had she been a fan... or...?

Turns out it’s a wonderful answer. She found me via her love for Barrie - which comes naturally to her since she is from (and still lives in) Kirriemuir, Scotland, the birthplace of James Matthew himself!

How could I not accept? Anyone from his hometown who wants to read my book is definitely someone whom I’d like to count among my friends. So I’m sending her an autographed copy of Peter Pan’s NeverWorld.

I do hope to be able to make the trip one day and enter his childhood home as well... you might recall I had been graced with being allowed inside his home near Kensington Gardens.


And “Ms. Kirriemuir,” - if you’re reading this... thanks so much for finding me!

1 comment:

Ms Kirriemuir said...

I still come back to read this once every so often. I feel famous.