Monday, November 8, 2010

Space Pan

Back in June of 2009, I posted about other ways to "interpret" the story of Peter Pan. Not so much that these ways of looking at it are intended, nor to be believed, but just for the fun of a new lens.

I've come across another one on the good ol' web of pixels.  My faithful reader and fan Anon came up with a very similar imagining of it in the comments. But I do think the specificity of this idea warrants a mention.

How about taking MY extension of Barrie's work to a whole different level?  Suppose that we combine Pan with alien abduction stories?  Taking kids/people from their bedrooms late at night and whisking them away through the sky.  Tinker Bell could be a sort of device that levitates them from their beds.

Odd*, yes, but still a fun way of focusing on it.  Yes, it does sort of make it "less" that Pan would therefore need a craft to fly.  But perhaps he steals Hook's ship, or a "longboat" from it?  (Not that I condone the flying pirate ship.)

* At the precise moment that I typed this word, someone said it on the television.  Cue the Twilight Zone music  ;)

No comments: