Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ghost of a Chance

I spent some of Halloween watching shows of A Haunting on the Discovery Channel. No, I'm not going to tell you that it scared me. No, I'm not going to tell you I believed what I saw. Then again, I'm not ruling out the experiences as true. Not saying they are... I just tend to believe in the paranormal in general. So what am I going to say?

It got me thinking about the show Ghost Hunters. Again, I am neither crediting nor discrediting. But they spend so much time going to old prisons and hotels and such... where "activity" has been "known to happen." Seems logical, sure. But often it's someplace where it happens "occassionally."

I watched on A Haunting where a family had been, shall we say terrorized, by not only a few ghosts... but a demonic force as well. The strange occurences increased and very rarely ceased. Yada yada yada... they had to move out to maintain their sanity and lives. At the end of the program we're told that another family has moved into the house. So far the little boy has been haunting them, but they have no sign of the evil entity bent on descruction. Well, okay... but the "first" family began with such minor hauntings and it steadily progressed... so...

Here's the idea. Why don't we get the Ghost Hunters to that place (or any other) in A Haunting since we "know" that the activity can be seen on a regular frightening basis? Why are they hoping it might maybe happen on the one night they're allowed to have free reign of the otherwise non-activitied tourist traps?

Does that make sense? If we really want to "prove" such phenomena, why aren't we doing it logically?

Or maybe we just like telling ghost stories...

No comments: