Sunday, May 24, 2009

FINISHED!

Well, I've completed another book.
Yes, the novel MC which I've been giving random updates about is now finished.
Yes, that's the title.
Yes, I tend to create my own title logos.

I already spoke about how I have "photos" of my characters in this post. That's Zihn, one of the primary characters. Without him, there is no story. But I'd have to really call it Andy's book. In much the same way that Peter and Wendy could be considered a story about Wendy (but Peter is needed for her adventure to occur.)

In all fairness, I have a little bit of tweaking to do. I need to add a description of a location. I'm waiting on Banky to give me a statistic. And I, of course, as always, need to read through it all again as a whole and make any and all necessary revisions.

Then it's on to the "delightful" process of crafting a Query Letter to send off to agents.

Always nice to finish another project. If you've been keeping up with my posts, you've heard me state how much freaking research this book required. Never a complaint, but... ok, maybe just a little. But then, it's self inflicted. :) And I learned a great deal about the planet we call home. The ending actually took me much longer to write than I imagined. I stopped nearly every five minutes to look up something else. I've also mentioned it as my shortest book, not including Peter Pan's NeverWorld. This novel clocks in at about 75,000 words.

I'm quite sure of my next writing project. It will be book 3 in a 4 book series. I'm quite excited to revisit with Thom. But I'm not even thinking about when I begin to compose it. I'm just damn glad it won't have to be written chronologically! (Which had been the case for my last three writing projects!)

All right, until next post...

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

Congrats!!! Your prolificness (prolificity? prolifitaciousness?) amazes me!

[luaring]