Friday, March 27, 2009

Just the THING you want to hear!


Eric Heisserer is the man who is writing the new The Thing movie. Just listen to what he has to say regarding this assignment:

Matthijs and I are hard at work with the very smart team at Strike on the prequel. We are all so much in love with Carpenter’s film, so protective of it, we’re doing all we can to avoid stepping on its toes. I jumped at this job because I hold the Carpenter adaptation to very high standards, and I knew it would be a challenge to create a comparable companion piece. Sort of a “Nobody better screw this up, especially me” mentality. Lucky for me, the people at Strike and the director have the same standards.
- quoted from his blog.

Bravo, sir! I salute and share your dedication to the craft. Can't wait to see the new pieces!

He's also the guy who penned the new go around for A Nightmare on Elm Street. Sweet.

No comments: