Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Is It Just Ima-gene-ary?


It's a little fitting that I have a Peter Pan obsession since I'm often told I look younger than I actually am. I've been presumed as much as 5 to 10 years less than my age. Sometimes I have to keep insisting due to disbelief.
Well, apparently, they now think they might know the cause. And it's science.

It's been dubbed the "Peter Pan Gene" which seems to control the rate at which people age. There's another gene that has to do with getting older. Some people have two of it, some one... and others are lucky enough to not have it at all, but instead this "youthful" gene... or maybe even two of it!

Supposedly this could lead to isolation of the inner workings of the gene and then on to drugs that can help turn back or halt the clock.

A little scary.

The article I read: Looking young for your age?

No comments: