Sunday, August 24, 2008

Age Old Question?


When people in our set are introduced, it is customary for them to ask each other’s age, and so Wendy, who always liked to do the correct thing, asked Peter how old he was. It was not really a happy question to ask him; it was like an examination paper that asks grammar, when what you want to be asked is Kings of England.

“I don’t know,” he replied uneasily, “but I am quite young.”
- Peter and Wendy, J.M. Barrie

Here's a (not so) simple question for you:
If you didn't know your age, how old would you be?
Not how old would you like to be...how old do you feel/think you are?

For many years I figured I'd remain 17. But now I imagine I'm about 22.

Time is funny. College went by in a blink but it took forever to do so.
And it ended about five years ago. (But it's really been 15.)

2 comments:

Danielle Filas said...

I've never been happier or more at ease with who I am until now. So... this age! 37! And if you could swing that with my 20 year old body (and NON GRAY HAIR), that would be great!

dbz said...

I'm 27 still ... and happily so - 37 in just a few short days is going to be tough, oy