Monday, March 31, 2008

A Lovely Weekend

I’ve spent all but one of the past few nights at the theatre. I’ve been up 14-foot ladders painting the trim of the palace columns and doing various other tasks. It’s good to be a stage hand again. I haven’t done it for quite some time, since the last Vitalist Theatre production I would guess. I’d help out quite a bit in college. I’ve acted, too. But I regard theatre as a vacation spot. It’s nice to be there for a while, but eventually I’ve had my fill. I certainly stayed long on this round. Let’s just say I could see light when I left. But I’m up late usually anyway.

Saturday night we had a dinner guest, the lovely *Le Trix. Bart presented us with another culinary triumph. A “luscious bone-in roast loin of pork, glazed with a mélange of navel & blood orange juices, apricot jam, Dijon mustard and a kiss of red wine.” Since the fun lasted rather long, I would have gotten to the theatre quite late so I took a break and got some extra sleep.

In the morning Bart and I had another delicious meal at m. henry, one of our favorite haunts for brunch. We met *Dragonfly as per usual and he delighted us with his special brand of silliness, also as per usual. After a day of store hopping in Andersonville and then a nice sushi dinner with Bart’s sister *Lage, I returned for another late night of work at the theatre.

It looked stunning to begin with but now we may as well be in India.

All in all, a fabulous weekend.

*Pseudonyms

No comments: