Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Peter Pan & Capital Nook!

Here it is, finally!

My new "set-up" for my Peter Pan stuff.

As you may have read in a previous post, I'd a major snafu when the shelf I'd designated to hold it all collapsed just as I finished.  Needless to say I had to find another spot for it.  Shortly after, my Labyrinth poster fell down.  Hmmm, thought I.  No other such mishaps occurred so I took it as a sign.  I moved the Peter Pan pile to that spot.  And you know what?  I'm much happier with this configuration.  It creates a little nook.  I wouldn't have been able to achieve such an aesthetic if I'd put the posters up on a single wall.  I like the whole effect.

And yes, I am aware that's Pips from Fern Gully and has nothing to do with Barrie's universe.  Except, well, he is a fairy - a 'rare' male fairy to boot - and rather cool one if I remember correctly.  Always liked him.  That's him flying up there by the top two posters, too!

I had a scare-turned-miracle putting it up.  The figure of Peter Pan (as seen in Fox's Peter Pan & the Pirates) lost his cape.  It frustrated me, for I'd been so diligent during the whole move.  I even made sure that I had it after the shelf crashed.  So I hunted.  Throughout crates of paper file folders, under the refrigerator - the whole bloomin' area.  Finally I accepted the fact that I'd have to make one and hoped that any of the fabric scraps I had available would fit the bill.  Then, when I went to get something else, there, conspicuously and tauntingly, in the middle of the space around where I'd been searching like a fiend... the cape.  Well, thank goodness.

The three books to the left of mine are the, in my current opinion, three best sources for the published Barrie universe - the Dover Publications edition of Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens, the script/play and The Annotated Peter Pan (The Centennial Edition) - I like having them readily accessible. 

If anyone has any questions about the stuff on display, I'll be happy to answer them.

In the meantime, keep that window open...  ;)

1 comment:

Lewelyn H said...

What an impressive display! I like the book holders, they look a bit like hooks :)
The frames work very nicely too!