Friday, December 17, 2010

Hammering Out Well, It Seems

Back in January, I mentioned Kenneth Branaugh's helming of the movie Thor.  In a quick recap, after a table turned in Hollywood and the focus came back onto Asgard, my interest piqued. 

To keep some sort of progress report, here's my thoughts given what's transpired since.  I'd seen some stills prior to the recently released trailer .  I neither loved nor hated the costumes and sets in the images.  But I guess it's only fair to say my feelings wobbled toward it not being quite right for my tastes, assuming I even know what those are when it comes to the character of Thor - not to mention while balancing the look of a comic book character.  Well, I must say I'm much more pleased than I thought I would be.  There's something about seeing the costumes and sets in motion, combined with the delightful and obligatory action sequences that casts aside the doubts I had.  From what I know off the top of my head of the Marvel comic, it appears that they are changing it up a bit. Which goes with the trend of revamping a comic when presented with a new adaptation, especially when changing media.  I like the simplicity of how this familiar scenario is presented amid all the pomp and circumstance.  It seems well played.  I really like the way the hammer zips back to his hand.  Nicely done.  At this point, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: